Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The recipe at this point asked that I strain the sauce from the solids. Then, discard the solids. Discard the solids? I read that part a bunch of times. Are you kidding? Those solids took work to put together. Those are they in the picture, the carrots, onions, celery, and peppercorns from the marinade. Needless to say I kept the solids and placed them in tupperware to be used in some way at a later date. Oh, and with so much going on all at once for three continuous hours, I never stopped once to taste anything. So at this point I popped a carrot into my mouth. The sauce was amazing. Is it okay to say that about my own sauce? I asked myself as I tasted it, Would I enjoy this if I had ordered it at a restaurant, prepared by professionals? The answer was an immediate yes. I was completely surprised by the results. I actually tasted it a few more times because I didn't trust my reaction at first. Seriously. But it tasted so good each time. Yay! 

No comments: