Friday, July 11, 2008

Same night as Employees Only-- the fourth of July. I don't even think this picture accurately conveys how extremely extremely crowded the trains were that night. It was scary and took all I could muster to not have some sort of panic attack. Maybe that's why I started telling Candido about that terrible incident in Mexico City recently where people were trampled to death at a concert. Or those times in high school when I'd go to a show and it was so packed that my feet could leave the ground and I wouldn't fall. I think I was trying to distract myself so I wouldn't flip out, but I believe I was also unintentionally making the girl next to me very anxious. I could tell her boyfriend was speaking softly to her, trying to soothe her. Guys, I'm usually not so tactless. I hate hearing people's conversations on the train.