Wednesday, October 29, 2008

All of my neighborhood pictures featured here were taken weeks ago except for these of this courtyard next to our building, which were taken today. I dashed down the stairs, walked briskly to this spot and scanned the streets for any neighbors (I feel weird about taking pictures of the neighborhood when they're people around). And as I started to snap, a most unexpected thing happened: it started to snow. Yes, it was the first New York snow of the season. It only lasted a couple of minutes. I've never experienced snow falling before so at first I wasn't sure. Was there something falling from the window of a building? I wondered. But no, I studied a truck parked behind me, watching these tiny white balls collect on its roof. "Oh my Gosh," I exclaimed aloud to myself, and surveyed the streets for anyone who might be witnessing the same phenomenon. Needless to say, experiencing my first snow lifted my spirits for a few moments, which was very necessary indeed.

Oct 29, 2008

No comments: